Wow... What a process. The room was our first official home improvement project and I'm happy to say we did about 99% of the work ourselves.
I think that in size my new studio is quite comparable to my old one. It's small and that's that. But this room has a closet and WALLS! Before I was surrounded on 3 sides by huge windows. It was so great for sunlight and I can hardly remember ever having to turn a lamp on during day hours... but it was lacking in wall space for things that are tall like shelving and it just really wasn't very great for storage.
So here is my new room. It's still missing the wall shelving that will be above the Bernina... and if you look closely you may even notice a couple small pieces of base trim missing from where we decided to install the cube shelving... and I know there needs to be a couple touch ups on the paint... and the fabric for window treatments is on order, but really it's done in the sense of I'm in and it's working and today I sewed for 6 hours on my new Juki (more on this little girl tomorrow). And I can't tell you how relieved I am! After months of pushing a honey-do list on my honey and feeling like a jerk about it, and tears over paint colors and carpet men who wouldn't show up I'm just so darn happy it's done.